HOME    Contact Page        Sex Offenders   FAQ Page


How do I contact the Sheriff?
To contact Sheriff  Jones, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, call (229) 838-4311 (229) 838-4393. You can also reach him by email stewartsheriff@bellsouth.net

How do I get a copy of a motor vehicle crash or incident report?
To pick up a copy of a motor vehicle crash or incident report, please contact the Sheriff's Office during normal business hours at (229) 838-4311 or (229) 838-4393. If you are not a party involved in a car crash, you may not be able to pick up the report. The Sheriff's Office complies with the Georgia Open Records Act and certain information may cost the charges of research and reproduction as provided by law.

How do I get a copy of my own criminal history for employment purposes?
To complete a criminal history request for your own employment purposes, you must submit the required form. You may pick up the form and complete it when you come to the Sheriff's Office or you can complete the form at your convenience, and present it in person along with the required fee of $20.00 (CASH ONLY). A government issued photo ID is required (driver's license, passport, etc). If you wish to print a criminal history report, click here to download the form, and bring the completed form to the Sheriff's Office.

My accident/incident report is wrong. Who do I call?
If you have an issue with the accuracy of a report generated by the Sheriff's Office, you should first contact the deputy who prepared it. He or she may correct mistakes, but may not make changes that alter the facts as written unless there is a material mistake. The final decision is the responsibility of the employee who created the report. Reports will not be altered or changed if the information is factually accurate.

I want to apply for a job with the Sheriff's Office. Who do I contact?
Job applications must be picked up and returned to the Stewart County Sheriff's Office. After the application is completed it will be reviewed by Sheriff Jones.

My relative is in jail. What do I do?
If someone you know is in jail, they will either have a bond issued immediately after booking or within 72 hours of their arrest, depending upon the charges. They will have ample opportunity to reach someone to arrange a bond.

How can I get someone out of jail?
See a "Bonding Agent" or ask about a property bond.

How can I check to be sure my 911 information is accurate?
You should call the Sheriff's Office at (229) 838-4311or (229) 229-838-4911 and the dispatcher will handle this for you.

How do I report information about a case anonymously?
You can report information to the Sheriff's Office by calling (229) 838-4311or (229) 838-4311 and asking to speak to any investigator on duty.


  Designed & Hosted by: Dixie Web Design